Flatware, Steak Knives & Kitchen Knives
Flatware including knives, forks & spoons, steak knives and kitchen knives are produced with fine stainless steel which have high resistance to corrosion & rust. Provided with proper use & care, they can last their shine for years. Please observe the following advice.
Prepare for first Use
Wash with warm water, clean with neutral detergent with a soft cloth or sponge. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
Instructions to user
- Wash immediately after use.
- Use neutral or slightly alkaline detergents.
- Do not rub them with abrasive products, metal or synthetic wool.
- Dry piece by piece with a soft and absorbing cloth immediately after washing.
- Allow to dry completely & store in a cool & dry place
The content of metals & minerals naturally existed in tap water varies greatly from place to place. These metals & minerals in waterdrops left on the surface of washed flatware, especially knives, will be oxidized in open air, taking hours to form permanent stains or water marks. The best way to prevent is to dry the flatware & knives with a soft and absorbing cloth immediately after washing – no matter after manual or machine wash.
Special caring for articles with special handle
Athena signature collections come with fine stainless steel for blades and selected materials for handles. Handle made with stamina wood or acrylic are fragile and they require special caring:
- Hand wash with mild neutral detergent and rinse thoroughly under cold running water. Soaking into water must be avoided because it might lead to cracking of handle.
- Dry manually with a clean & soft cloth immediately after washing, then allow drying thoroughly at a standing post, with blade tip pointing down, in a cool place avoiding direct sunshine.
- Direct sunshine or heat from stove can lead to handle cracking. Please avoid.
- When not in use, store in a cool & dry place to avoid moss.
ITEMS IN FULL STAINLESS STEEL ARE DISHWASHER SAFE.
ITEMS WITH WOODEN OR ACRYLIC HANDLE ARE NOT DISHWASHER SAFE!